TAP Platinum Silicone is a low viscosity, two-part, platinum cure silicone which vulcanizes at room temperature (RTV).
- Super soft and flexible (Shore A8).
- Translucent, allowing visibility of master part as silicone is poured.
- Very high chemical resistance, and is compatible with plaster, polyurethane, epoxy, and polyester resins.
- High dimensional stability, and good temperature and mechanical resistance.
- Excellent non-stick properties, making mold releases unnecessary in most applications.
- Chemical resistance gives it a long life for production runs.
- Needs 24 hours for full cure.
- Low viscosity (vacuum not required to de-air).
- Yields approximately 15 fluid oz/lbs. (20% more than tin cure Silicone RTV)
- Mold making for models with deep undercuts and fine details
- Mechanical uses for its sound deadening power and areas where soft cushioning are required.
- Electronics due to its good resistance to high temperature and impact protection.
- Prosthetics and Orthotics due to its softness, ease of use and high tear resistance.
for TAP Platinum Silicone Product Data.
for Platinum Silicone A label.
for Platinum Silicone B label.
TAP Video: Introduction to TAP Platinum