Application and Care
To apply vinyl letters:
- Thoroughly clean the surface with RapidTac and a lint-free cloth. Draw a vertical center line and a horizontal guideline.
- Tape the graphics and letters in place with a hinge of masking tape along the top edge. Remove the liner from lettering, which leaves the graphics or letters on a low-tack masking paper.
- Lift lettering and spray mounting surface with RapidTac™ (sold at TAP) to help eliminate air bubbles. Carefully lower the masking paper into place and hold paper bottom away from window.
- Spray masking paper with Rapid Tac and begin to burnish lightly with a squeegee, working from top hinge to bottom. Next firmly squeegee masking to apply letters permanently to your background.
- Now carefully peel off the low-tack masking paper at an angle. And, like magic, your message is clearly visible to make an impression on everyone walking/driving by your location.
Caring for your sign:
Vinyl Letters • Clean with mild household cleaners. Never use abrasives, bleach, or solvent based cleaners.
Acrylic Sheet • Wash with dish detergent and lukewarm water. Use a clean, soft cloth, applying light pressure. Rinse with clear water and dry by blotting with a damp cloth or chamois. Do not use window cleaning sprays, kitchen scouring compounds, or solvents such as acetone, gasoline, benzene, carbon tetrachloride, or lacquer thinner on plastic.
Magnetic Sheet Care:
Surface Preparation • The magnetic sheet and metal surface should be clean and dry. In any outdoor application, the metal surface should be waxed. Before affixing a magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats, and waxes are cured (hardened). (Approximate curing times: paint—90 days; clear coat—60 days; wax—2 days.)
Application • Magnetic sheet holds best to flat surfaces or surfaces curved in one direction. It should be near room temperature when applying. If you place your magnet in the wrong position, remove and realign. Do not pull the magnet to realign when it is against the surface, as the magnet may stretch due to the resistance caused by the high magnetic strength. Make sure the entire magnet is against the metal surface (no air pockets).
Cleaning • Remove and clean both the magnet and surface with mild detergent and allow both to dry. For car signs, repeat the cleaning process weekly. We recommend daily removal of magnetic signs to protect the new clear coat/base coat and vinyl surfaces on new cars and trucks. We do not recommend applying a magnetic sheet to repainted surfaces.
Storage • The magnet is more pliable and easier to work with when it is near room temperature when applied. The best way to store the magnetic pieces is either flat or in rolls, never magnet to magnet.
When storing rolls, wrap the coated surface on the outside to avoid the possibility of wrinkles.
General Caution • Applying any material to a painted metallic surface without Following All Instructions For The Use And Care may damage that surface.