RTV: Room Temperature Vulcanizing
Urethane RTV is a two-part system that cures a flexible and high strength Shore-A 30 mold rubber (for comparison purposes, household silicone sealant is approximately Shore-30). Excellent tear resistance is another benefit of Urethane, yet it is easy to cut for two-piece molds. Urethane is an easy-releasing rubber for casting gypsum plasters and waxes without release agents and is excellent for casting cement, epoxy, polyester, or Urethane with proper release agents.
- simple 1 to 1 mix ratios
- low viscosity (flows easily)
- excellent detail, flexibility, and durability
- maximum recommended casting temperature is 250ºF
- twenty-four hour cure time
- Pour time: 30 mins
- Demold time: 16 hr
- Total cure time: 7 days
- Specific gravity: 1.01
- Mixed viscosity: 2,000 cps
- Shore A Hardness: A30
- Tensile strength: 281 (1.94) psi
- Elongation %: 506
- Linear Shrinkage %: Nil
- Die C Tear Strength PLI(kzn/m): 62 (10.86)
for TAP Urethane RTV Product Bulletin.
for Choosing A Mold Material guide.
for TAP Urethane RTV A label.
for TAP Urethane RTV B label.
TAP Video: How to make a simple urethane mold