Do you frequently need building materials that you can use in applications where moisture resistance and cost-effectiveness are key? Look no further than our selection of high-density polyethylene (HDPE). At TAP Plastics, we believe that thermoplastics are incredibly versatile and are pleased to offer a wide variety of HDPE sheets to suit your needs. StarBoard® is a marine-grade polymer material that is quickly becoming the industry standard because it can be used to fabricate a whole host of fixtures on boats of all kinds. Best of all, this marine substrate is made to maintain its color and finish for the lifetime of the boat. You can use table saws, drills, blades, and bits with our polyethylene sheets.
- Made of the finest polymers available, using our proprietary K-Stran™ process for superior flatness and consistency.
- Environmentally stabilized for harsh sun and tough marine environments.
- Won't rot, swell, splinter or delaminate when exposed to humidity or water.
- Precise tolerances ensure consistent color, thickness and density, even for special thickness gauges and custom order colors.
- Easy to fabricate with standard woodworking tools and requires little or no finishing.
- Available in eight standard colors to match or accent any gelcoat.
- Unlimited custom/proprietary colors.
- Durable matte-textured surface on both sides.
- Easy to clean and never needs refinishing.
- Edges finish cleanly and easily.
- Forms easily for smooth curves.
- Has passed the Federal Motor Vehicle Standard 302 fire test required for use in motor vehicles, including motorhomes.
- Available in large sheets up to 54” x 96” or 48” x 96”.
- Custom sheet sizes available.
- Shipped with a protective masking on one side.
- Proven on thousands of boats and yachts.
- Experienced boat builders and boaters know the King StarBoard® brand and trust it more than any other.
- Bow Pulpit
- Frames and Trim
- Grab Rails and Handles
- Hatches and Doors
- Rod and Cup Holders
- Steps and Dock Boxes
- Tray Tables
King StarBoard® undergoes the most advanced manufacturing process to ensure flatness and consistency across all applications. We offer a wide variety of sheet sizes and thicknesses to choose from, as well as eight colors to match or accentuate any gel coat you decide to use in your boat restoration. Cut-to-size requests may take one to two business days to process, or you can visit one of our store locations to get custom HDPE plastic sheets in five minutes or less from start to finish. Our highly trained experts can promptly provide a quote for any cut-to-size request. Color accuracy can vary considerably on computer monitors and printers. If you have any questions about our StarBoard® selection or customization, please call (888) 827-7330 or email email@example.com
to learn more or receive further assistance.
For King StarBoard® datasheet, click here.
For King StarBoard® AS Data Sheet, click here
For Working with King StarBoard®, click here
TAP Video: How to cut plastic sheet
For fractions, decimals and millimeters conversion chart, click here.